Quarra PTP - 10 Gbps Ethernet Switch
Artel’s Quarra PTP 10Gbps Ethernet switch is a carrier grade Ethernet switch with one of the industry’s most accurate IEEE 1588v2 timing. The Quarra IP PTP switches are Ideal for pro AV, audio, video, broadcast, defense and security, finance, utilities, telecom, and enterprise IP.
Artel’s Quarra range of IP PTP switches is designed for Carrier Class applications where accurate timing and control is required. These switches are aimed at the professional markets of Audio/Video Broadcast, Defense & Security, Finance, Utilities, Telecom, and Enterprise IT. The Quarra switches are designed as either a standard 1RU rackmount unit with dual power supplies, or a half-width 1RU unit with a single power supply, the switches are available in several configurations of 1 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit interfaces, supporting a best-in-class layer 2 IEEE 1588v2 algorithm. A 1pps external reference input from GPS is included as standard, and options include an internal layer 1 Synchronous Ethernet module. The Quarra switches support SMPTE Standards-based Timing ST 2110-10 and ST 2059-2 and are RAVENNA AES67 approved. The Quarra switches also support IGMP v2/3, QoS, protection switching, VLAN, MEF service delivery and network OAM.
- Live video/audio broadcast/production over IP utilizing IEEE1588 timing, QoS and Multicast filtering.
- Broadcast DTT/DTV IP distribution, utilizing IEEE1588 and SyncE timing to replace or backup GPS timing at base stations.
- Telecom networks, providing high level of network timing.
- Financial/trading networks, utilizing our IEEE1588 precise nanosecond time synchronization.
- It’s About Precision Time – PTP primer
- Time Travels- A Closer Look at PTP white paper
- AES67 Configuration Guide
Read why one of our partners recommends the Quarra.
- Industry’s most Accurate IEEE 1588 Timing & Synchronization for nanosecond accurate timing.
- Synchronous (L1) Ethernet, Master and Slave. Precision clock timing using DSPLL® technology.
- 1pps reference. Network wide synchronization using IEEE1588 or SyncE.
- SMPTE Standards-based Timing
- ST 2110-10 System Timing and Definition
- ST 2059-2 SMPTE Profile for Use of IEEE-1588 Precision Time Protocol in Professional Broadcast Applications
- Ravenna AES67 approved.
- IEEE802.1 AVB.
- Full management from Web GUI or command line interface. No training required-units can be quickly and easily configured